- Email: email@example.com
- Birthday: 2/8/2002
- City of Residence: Alexandria, Egypt
- City of Origin: Alexandria, Egypt
- Expertise Areas:Education, Climate & Environment, Youth Participation & Leadership, Entrepreneurship
- Write a quote which you believe in.
If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
- A brief bio:
Dunya is an SDGs advocate studying Mechanical Engineering as a first-generation college student in her family, who also happens to be an international professional athlete. With her passion for sustainable development, climate action, and entrepreneurship, Dunya actively seeks opportunities to make a positive impact on society that fuels her journey of self-improvement, learning, and growth. Currently, she is working with more than one enterprise with a deep commitment to global sustainability and social progress, raising awareness on making social initiatives for the sake of empowering youth and driving action toward achieving the SDGs by 2030.
- What ignited your pursuit for SDGs especially the goals you believe in?
Everything starts with a reason so, personally, I was suffering from carbon emissions and the bad usage of waste directly. It was the first reason that made me think outside of the box. Recently, the disasters that occurred in Morocco and Libya encouraged me to move forward as doing nothing will end up costing us a lot more than if we take action now. Meanwhile, as a Mechanical Engineering student, I care about the relationship between energy and SDGs to solve the hard equation and save our planet. And we cannot do that alone, we have to form a strong global partnership.
- Please share your biggest wins as an SDGs advocate
After I got the Aspire scholarship, I started training a group of 25 people of different nationalities with an average age of 26 about SDGs and to be good leaders for their community and they reached about 150 other young leaders through their social initiatives and projects.
- Outside of your SDGs advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
I love getting to know people from different backgrounds, learning new things, and being always eager to expand my horizons and embrace fresh perspectives. Also, I love caring for little sea animals.
- Languages Spoken with your level (beginner, intermediate, advanced Native or advanced fluent)
Arabic (Native) English (Intermediate) French (Beginner), Germany (Beginner).
- What are the 3 goals of the SDGs goal that you are advocating for the most?
Goal 9: Industry, Innovation And Infrastructure, Goal 13: Climate Action, Goal 17: Partnerships For The Goals