- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sex: Female
- Birthday: 10/12/2003
- City of Residence: El-beheira, Damanhour, Egypt
- City of Origin: El-beheira, Damanhour, Egypt
- Expertise Areas: Education, Climate & Environment, Youth Participation & Leadership, Women Empowerment, Health
- Write a quote which you believe in.
All great people, who started magnificent ideas, didn’t know everything about it in the beginning, but they were sure they will learn everything about the journey.
- A brief bio:
This is Amal Assy. I am 20 years old and I am studying medicine at Alexandria University grade 3. I have a great passion in scientific research. Recently, I am working on a research program about colorectal cancer in Egypt in cooperation with Alabama University in USA. Moreover, I joined more than one research journal club where I learned the basics of research. I’d like to say with all pride that I do lots of things besides my study. I am studying two language Italian and German. I’d like to mention that I am a big fan of public speaking and presentation skills. I was a former trainer in a civil work called “Dare To Speak” where we learned participants how to have good presentation skills. I was also chosen as the best speaker in the annual conference in my collage this year. I also have a big commitment to my society and always seeking for making it a better place. I was a participant in a project called “Youth voices” and “Active Citizins” from the British Council where I learned how to be an active citizen and I was chosen as one of the best 10 participants. In addition, I was the General Assistant in the Medical Education committee in Alexandria Students’ Scientific Association and our role was advocating & educating medical students about health issues. Finally, I’d like to say that I am a person who is main purpose in life is to be better day after day and to inspire other youths by proving them that they can achieve more than they can ever imagine!
- What ignited your pursuit for SDGs especially the goals you believe in?
I do believe that achieving all the SDGs one day will solve many problems facing the globe. I am very interested in the goals I advocate for because I want to benefit my society, help it to be a better place and to leave my impact in my society.
- Please share your biggest wins as an SDGs advocate
I participated in many programs and debates about climate change and environment. I held more than medical campaign in my collage for advocating people about their health and how to improve it.
- Outside of your SDGs advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
I enjoy travelling, learning new things and reading. I like also public speaking and social work. I also enjoy creating educational videos on social media.
- Languages Spoken with your level (beginner, intermediate, advanced Native or advanced fluent)
English: upper intermediate. German: intermediate. Italian:Beginner.
- Put the most 3 important publications about your work title with their links
My work with the American Academy of Neurology: Click Here
- What are the 3 goals of the SDGs goal that you are advocating for the most?
Goal 3: Good Health And Well-Being, Goal 13: Climate Action, Goal 16: Peace, Justice And Strong Institutions.