مؤسسة القلعة للمنح الدراسية
القلعة هي شركة أفريقية رائدة في مجال الطاقة والبنية التحتية. تأسست شركة القلعة في عام 2004 ويقع مقرها في القاهرة، مصر. ولها مكاتب إضافية في الجزائر العاصمة، الجزائر. ونيروبي، كينيا
تم إنشاء مؤسسة القلعة للمنح الدراسية في عام 2007، من منطلق إرادة قوية للمساهمة في التنمية الوطنية من خلال إنشاء مهنيين من ذوي الكفاءات العالية للمساعدة في تعزيز نمو مصر في جميع القطاعات. يتم تمويل المؤسسة بوقف من شركة القلعة لمنح منح دراسية أكاديمية للشباب المصري الموهوب والواعدين من رجال ونساء لمتابعة درجة الماجستير في الخارج في جميع مجالات الدراسة
The scholarship round for 2022/2023 has begun. Deadline for applications is on April 15th.
The full schedule:
▪ January 15th:
Beginning of annual scholarship round. Applicants can begin submitting applications. Application form made available online.
▪ April 15th:
Deadline for submitting applications.
Shortlisting completed. Semi-finalists contacted for personal interviews.
Scholarship recipients announced.
▪ July – August:
Placement and departure of scholars.
- Applicant must be under the age of 35.
- Must be an Egyptian national and residing in Egypt.
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation.
- Is planning to pursue his/her studies at one of the top universities abroad in their discipline of choice.
- Must have been accepted at the university and program of interest.
- Applicant must submit an unconditional acceptance letter (with the exception of a funding condition).
- Excellent command of language of study. Good command of the English language.
- Involvement with activities in civic, public or international affairs (NGOs, volunteer work, etc) will be an asset.
- Must have a genuine financial need.
- Not a beneficiary of any other partial scholarship or grants (with exception to waivers from the university of choice itself).
- Upon completion of program, graduates must be committed to return to work in Egypt for a minimum of 2 years.
- Military service status must be clear (for males).
Applications are only accepted in hard copy – by mail or through FedEx account (see below).
- By Regular Post:
Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
P.O Box 29
Postal Code: 11516
- By FedEx:
Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
Hold at FedEx Mohandessin office
Your application package must include the following:
- The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship application form.
- Copy of letter of acceptance to university of choice
- Copy of (completed) application form submitted to university of choice
- An updated C.V.
- Two reference letters (academic and professional)
- Copy of Military Certificate (for Males only)
- You can check that your application has been delivered through: email@example.com
- Kindly wait for a week before checking.
- Please submit an acceptance letter to only one university.
- Submit your application package only once.
- Multiple applications from one person will result in rejection of all applications.
- Applications cannot be submitted by hand.
- What fields and countries of study are eligible under the Qalaa Holdings Scholarship (QHS)?
All academic fields and universities in countries – outside Egypt, are eligible under the QHS.
- What are the degrees funded by the QHS?
QHSF funds full Master’s degrees. The mode of study must be on-campus (online degrees are ineligible) and must be full-time, starting in the Fall intake. QHSF does not fund PhD degrees.
- How much funding does the scholarship offer?
The QHSF funds under two schemes: the full scholarship covering tuition and living expenses and the partial scholarship covering tuition only. The ceiling for tuition fees is 50,000 USD per annum.
- On what basis do you decide who will obtain the full scholarship vs. the partial?
This decision is decided based on the quality of the application, financial condition of the applicant and is ultimately assessed by the evaluating committee. It is decided case by case.
- I have already begun my Master’s degree. Can I apply for funding my second year?
No. QHSF does not fund students who have already begun their programs.
- I did not keep a copy of my application form to the university, how can I include it in my QHSF application package?
You can request a pdf copy of your application from the university’s records.